The human body experiences two kinds of pain that are acute and chronic pain. Acute pain comes and goes, which means it is a pain for a short period of time. On the other hand, chronic pain is consistent and can last even longer than three months.
Your nervous system receives signals from the affected part of your body. When the brain does not stop receiving signals, it is known as chronic pain. There can be different causes of chronic pain, varying from person to person.
Every injury in our body leads to pain, and it goes with the healing of injuries. But, in the case of chronic pain, it continues for a more extended period. The worst part of the pain is that it can limit our physical ability to do work.
Different physical problems that arise due to the pain are reduction in flexibility, endurance, range of motion, strength, and others. You need to get proper treatment to get chronic pain relief in Bryant, AR. Physical therapies can also help you reduce the problems.
Here are a few of the common body parts that experience chronic pain:
- Lower back pain
- Arthritis pain
- Cancer pain
- Post-trauma pain
- Postsurgical pain
- Psychogenic pain
- Neurogenic pain
If you are also experiencing consistent pain in your body, that might be one of them. Consult a physical therapist for correct guidance and diagnosis.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain
It can affect your mental as well as physical health. It is consistent and causes discomfort all day. Here are the common symptoms:
- Burning pain
- Sleep disorders
- Muscles aches
- Joint pain
- Decreased stamina
- Mood swings, anxiety, or depression
These are the common symptoms of pain. Apart from these, there are other symptoms also that vary from person to person.
Causes of Chronic Pain
The chronic pain begins because of an injury that can be an ankle sprain, pulled back muscles or others. You feel chronic pain when your nerves get damaged, and it sends a continuous signal of pain to your brain.
However, most people also feel chronic pain without any injury. It means it is hard to understand the exact cause of chronic pain. Apart from injuries, other reasons are as follows:
- Fibromyalgia – A severe widespread pain in the muscles and bones of your body.
- Interstitial cystitis – It is a type of chronic disorder due to pain and pressure in the bladder.
- Endometriosis – It is due to the growth of the uterine lining outside the uterus, which leads to painful disorders.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome – It can also be said as prolonged or extreme weariness along with pain.
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) – It leads to pain in our jaw joint along with the sound of clicking and popping.
- Inflammatory bowel disease – It leads to different painful conditions in the digestive part of our body.
These are the most common causes of chronic pain. People can find out the exact cause of their pain with the help of an in-depth diagnosis. Physical therapists can also conduct the diagnosis of the problem before treatment. That is why it is recommended that you should search for a reliable therapist for physical therapy in Bryant, AR.
Risk Factors for Chronic Pain
The pain is common in people of all age groups. The factors that can increase the risk of chronic pain are as follows:
- Being female
- Having an injury
- Being obese or overweight
- Having surgery
Prevention Tips for Chronic Pain
Here are the prevention tips that can help you prevent the pain and stay healthy:
- Reduce Stress – Stress might trigger your pain and make the situation even worse. You need to lower your stress with deep breathing, meditation, regular exercise and others.
- Proper Sleep – There are various health problems that depend upon the quality of your sleep. You need to take proper sleep and should not disturb your sleep schedule.
- Maintain Good Health – Bring some positive changes in your lifestyle, adopt a balanced diet, be physically active and others to maintain your good health.
- Proper Posture – Whatever you are doing, maintain good posture and use the right equipment that does not hurt your physical health.
Physical Therapy For Chronic Pain
Physical therapy can help you beat problems like chronic pain and several others. You can live a healthy and pain-free life. It is a natural treatment for the problem you are suffering from. It does not involve the use of any kind of harmful medications. The treatment can improve the health of your muscles and also your blood circulation.
Say goodbye to your suffering with the help of personalized treatment by physical therapy. It is the best way to live a pain-free life. You need to find a therapist for chronic pain relief in Bryant, AR. Get a deep diagnosis and beat the problem entirely from your life.
You Must Know About
Why is Physical Therapy Better For Knee Pain Treatment Than Surgery?