Delhi University is one of the most important and highly acclaimed universities of India. It offers distance education in many disciplines like B.A. and B.Com. along with PG level courses. Delhi University is one of the highly acclaimed and reputed universities out there as it provides various courses and programs under UG and PG levels.
The admission for the 2022 session has been closed but students who want to take admission in DU for the BA Program course, can’t wait for the next admission cycle and keep visiting the official website of Delhi University for regular updates regarding the admission procedure.
In UG level programs, BA (H) Political Science is one of the best and highly selected courses by the students. Candidates are requested to check the eligibility and fee structure before taking admission to the program. BA (Pol. Sci) is a three-year bachelor degree program that is covered in three years.
In this blog, you will know the list of top colleges offering BA Honours Political Science with pride, including eligibility criteria, course structure and placement.
Highlights of DU BA (H) Political Science
- Name of the Course: Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Course Duration: 3 Years
- Mode of Examination: Semester
- Semesters: 6
- Department: Humanities
- Assessment System: Internal and External Evaluation
- Recognition: University Grants Commission
- Topics Covered: Political Theory, Political Processes in India, Political Thought, International Politics, Political Theory, Political Thought etc.
Colleges Offering BA (Honours) Political Science
Delhi University is known for offering quality education through its constituent colleges, departments and institutions. Political Science is one of the highly chosen courses out there. There are various colleges that provide BA (H) Political Science with Pride. Here, we have provided the list of colleges of Delhi University that offer BA (H) Political Science.
The Top-Notched Colleges Are:
- Hindu College
- Ramjas College
- LSR for Women
- Miranda House
- Gargi College
- Kalindi College
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Kirori Mal College
- Zakir Hussain College
- Maharaja Agrasen College
- Dayal Singh College
- Motilal Nehru College
- ARSD College
- Sri Venkateswara College
The Course of DUSOL BA (Honours) is divided into two different sections:
Section A: It helps the students to familiarize themselves with the primary concepts of political theory and thought. Every concept is associated with a specific and crucial issue related to the political aspect of India and its relations with foreign countries. The course encourages students to think critically and provide reflective analysis and interpretation of social practices through relevant conceptual toolkits.
Section B provides an understanding to the students of various debates and analyses of social practices through relevant conceptual toolkits. It provides an insight into new challenges and understanding related to political theory and thought that help develop new modes of political debates.
Syllabus of BA (H) Political Science
There are many subjects included in the course of Political Science at the bachelor level. Promise subjects are mentioned below:
- Understanding Political Theory
- Constitutional Government and Democracy of India
- Political Processes in India
- Political Theory- Debate and Concepts
- Perspectives on Public Administration
- Perspectives on International Relations and World History
- Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics
- Public Policy and Administration in India
- Political Processes and Institutions in Comparative Perspectives
- Global Politics
- Classical Political Philosophy
- Modern India Political Thought
- Indian Political Thought
- Modern Political Philosophy
Eligibility Criteria For DU BA (H) Political Science
Students always check eligibility criteria for taking admission to the course. Political Science is one of the highly selected courses out there. You have to check the detailed eligibility criteria by reading all the below-mentioned steps:
- Candidates must have passed at least the 12th examination from a UGC recognized institution with at least 60% marks in aggregate. It will be better to score more than 60% if you want a good college or university. The higher the percentage, the higher the chances of getting admission to top colleges of Delhi University.
- The duration of the course is three years in which you need to complete six semesters in all.
- They must have passed the best four subjects calculated for the aggregate marks.
Fee Structure For BA (Honours) Political Science
The fee of Delhi University colleges may vary from one college to another. It ranges from 12000 to 45000 INR as per the popularity of the course and programme. You can check more details by visiting the official website of Delhi University and the college in which you have taken your admission.
Important Details Regarding Admission
The admission procedure of Delhi University is very popular as the complete admission is done on the merit list. Students need to check the cut-off schedule by visiting the official website of Delhi University.
There Are Some Important Steps To Know About The Admission Procedure
- Candidates must fill the application form completely.
- They must ensure to attach all the documents at the time of admission.
- Students should ensure that their cut-off falls in the particular cut-off of admission to Delhi University.
You Must Know About
How to Choose the Right Education Consultant For Your Overseas Education?