Are you struggling with the high CPU usage issue due to the Antimalware Service Executable process in Windows 10, looking for the fixes than this article is for you?
Here learn the complete information about the Antimalware Service Executable High CPU issues and how to fix this problem in Windows 10
Well, Microsoft Antimalware is antivirus software that protects the system against virus or malware infection. Just like the other Microsoft antivirus products, this also uses the same virus scanning engine and monitors the activities of the computer.
Well, the Microsoft Antimalware service installs a series of files on the system for protecting the system against threats. However, in some case, the users are found reporting that the tool has a negative impact on the user’s system performance and allow them to uninstall it.
Well if you are also facing the Antimalware Service Executable process high CPU on Windows 10, then rest assured, as you are not alone. Many Windows 10 users also reported the issue.
In this article, find out what Antimalware Service Executable and how to fix high CPU usage issue?
What is Antimalware Service Executable?
Well, in Windows 10 the Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus software and the Antimalware Service Executable is the background running service in the Windows Defender and is also known as MsMpEng.exe. You can see this service in the Task Manager > Details Tab.
The Antimalware Service Executable is running for scanning the malware and spyware while you access them. And if anything goes wrong, this will detect. This also scans the system completely by running in the background for viruses or malware.
And as it scans all the files severely on the computer’s CPU and therefore it starts eating the CPU usage on Windows 10.
Therefore many users start reporting Antimalware Service Executable high memory Windows 10 problem, in this article find out how to stop Antimalware Service Executable service.
How can I Kill the Antimalware Service Executable?
Solution 1 – From the Registry Editor disable Windows Defender
Here follow the steps given to disable Windows Defender using the command prompt as this works for many users to fix high memory usage in Windows 10.
So, below follow the steps given to do so:
- Hit Windows Key + R > and in the Run box type regedit > hit Enter to start the Registry Editor
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender
- Then right-click on Windows Defender > choose New > DWORD.
- Next double click the newly created DWORD and name it DisableAntiSpyware now set the value to 1.
Well, if this won’t work for you then try the below-given steps:
- Hit Windows Key + X > and from the menu select Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- And as the Command Prompt opens > run the REG ADD “hklmsoftwarepoliciesmicrosoftwindows defender” /v DisableAntiSpyware /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
Now after running the command, the registry changes and you can see the Windows Defender is disabled
Well, this is an advanced method that works for you to solve the Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage windows 10 issue.
Solution 2 – Change Windows Defender’s Schedule
If the above solution won’t work for you then the error appears due to the real-time protection feature. So, here it is suggested to modify the Windows Defender’s schedule to fix it:
Follow the steps to do so:
- Hit the Windows +R key > and in the Run box > type taskschd.msc > hit Enter.
- Now double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Then in Windows > double-click Windows Defender > double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan
- Next uncheck Run with the highest privileges.
- And uncheck all the items in the Conditions section > click OK.
Hopefully the now the Antimalware Service Executable High CPU usage Windows 10 issue is resolved.
So this is all about the Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage Windows 10 issue is resolved.
Here I tried my best to list down the complete fixes to stop Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10.
Well, if your Windows system is running slow then feel free to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool, this is an advanced tool that just by scanning once detect and fix various issues and errors.
You Must Also Read