Rotary Vacuum Evaporator is a single mechanism having three crucial fundamentals of physics. In this article, rotary vacuum evaporators manufacturers will make you study about the structure model design of this mechanism in detail. This article post is meant to help novel engineers to know how this type of mechanism works.
The three fundamentals of rotary vacuum evaporators are –
- Rotary as in the rotation on a center point better known as its axes.
- Vacuum is when there is a total absence of air creation of a subtle environment for sample.
- Evaporator is used to clean the extra liquid out of the desired sample tube.
Rotary vacuum evaporator is a machine used in laboratories to collect and distill the samples before the final checkup. It removes the solvents from a sample rather gently and efficiently by reducing the pressure in a certain environment and creating a vacuum to dissolve the solvent out of the sample.
Apart from the medical laboratory we can also see the rotary evaporators in a cooking laboratory to check the physical or chemical transformation in edible ingredients during cooking.
Structural combination of a Rotary vacuum evaporator can be seen in seven parts where
First part is a rotary motor adjoining the evaporation flask or tubes which is used to contain the samples collected.
Second part is a duct adjoined in the exact center of the rotary. A vacuum then connects it to the other part to contain the abstracted solvent out of the sample.
Third part is the vacuum connected to the duct and reduces the pressure inside to make the sample subtler by extracting solvents.
Fourth part is heated water for the samples to make the evaporation possible by giving it the temperature possible for the action.
Fifth part is a cooling agent, most preferably a condenser connected at the bottom of the rotary vacuum evaporator. Most of the time they use solid carbon di oxide otherwise known as dry ice.
Sixth part is the Collecting flask present over the condensing unit to make sure the distilled product of solvent extracted from the sample is contained safely.
Seventh part is the mechanism to lift up the sample tube after a quick heat bath in the heated fluid flowing in to help the evaporation process. This mechanism can be mechanical or motorized depending upon the model of rotary vacuum evaporator.
This whole mechanism consist of simple machines can be found easily in almost every lab due to its simplicity but the same system can be very complex depending upon the usage and requirement of a rotary vacuum evaporator machine.
Questions like what is the use of vacuum in a simple machine where this just needs to be heated and evaporation arises while understanding the rotary vacuum evaporator.
To simplify the answer to the prior question the theory behind the idea is to lowering the boiling point of a sample which is possible only by reducing the pressure inside. Vacuum part of the machine helps in lowering the pressure to make the sample ease to reach its boiling point where a click of time is enough to make solvent evaporate leaving the sample behind.
Rotary vacuum evaporator although seem a simple machine and available in various sizes and models.
One has to look out for the aspects needed to their usage and qualities and quantity of samples needed in a single go.
These aspects can be divided in to categories mentioned below
- Lift Type: lift type can be motorized, automatic motorized or mechanical.
- Condenser Type: Condenser can be vertical, horizontal or it can be placed in both ways depending upon the model.
- Rotation speed (RPM): Rotation speed affects the solvent distillation and can be needed differently depending upon the sample.
- Vapor Tube: this part should be high quality glass and should be able to contain high temperature evaporated solvents.
- Flask size: Flask size should be considered before the purchase depending upon the usage of unit.
- Motor power: Each motor has its own power to achieve the desired RPM required for the rotary vacuum evaporator system.
- Heating capacity: Heat capacity of the machine plays an important role to evaporation process hence it is important to look after the right heat point machine. Make sure to check the total power of a rotary vacuum evaporator as it is a combined power of its motor and heating capacity.
- Temperature Range: Temperature plays an integral part in a laboratory and sometimes around a rotary vacuum machine it can go up as high as 200 degrees because of the lab environments. Make sure to go for a rotary vacuum evaporator which is able to perform perfectly under high temperature environment surrounding the lab.
- Temperature control: Controlling the heating temperature is a must for understanding the different samples and their collected solvents so it is mandatory to get a high accuracy temperature control system in a rotary vacuum evaporator for better results.
- Heated fluid container material: It is important to have good quality material for the container used to give sample a heated bath. Also make sure to have an actual volume container for the perfect results.
In India the Rotary vacuum evaporators manufacturers take care of all the important factors of the machine while manufacturing and curating them for the purpose they are to serve in both food and medical industries.
You Must Also Read