Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud – Businesses, small or big, are frequently exposed to the risk data and information loss due to natural disasters or technical breach. For any business, data is very critical, and data protection has become more than crucial. Gone are those days of building a physical Disaster Recovery site, organizations are now going for cloud-based backup platforms.
Acronis is a service that is cost-effective, flexible, and has scalability. You can back up your data to Acronis cloud storage. Backup data are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cryptographic algorithm guarantees that nobody can access the data except you.
Backups can be encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cryptographic algorithm and the password you set. This guarantees that your data is not accessed by anyone else. You can back up any files of any volumes, maybe the entire system. To backup data, you need to buy a subscription for the amount of storage and period of storage.
Unlike other backup solutions, the Acronis Cyber Cloud enables bare recovery directly from cloud storage. Recover disk-level as well as file-level backups.
Cloud & Cloud Backup
The “cloud” represents a various shared pool of resources and services to deliver computing resources and services over the internet like sorting, managing, and processing data. All the data can be accessed via the web.
Cloud eliminates unnecessary costs like building and maintaining IT infrastructure. If we talk about “Cloud Backup”, this method is trendy to store and protect off-site data. It has proven more efficient than “traditional backup”. In the cloud backup process, it creates a copy of your data and sends it to a secured public/proprietary network and then to cloud servers. Cloud backup is a service usually provided by third-party vendors like Acronis. The backup data is available from the various access points, and it also can be shared among multiple cloud users.
The Working of Acronis Cyber backup cloud
Acronis Cyber backup cloud’s backup operation creates an image file for backup and disaster recovery scenarios. Backup can be created using Acronis software like Acronis True Image or Acronis backup.
You can create a compressed .tib file that contains the exact copy of your real data on the hard disk, disk partition, or individual files/folders. In case you create a backup of disk or partition, the backup will contain everything from the operating system to applications, files, and folders. Also, you can save the “backup image” to any supported storage devices.
Use the storage device for any disaster recovery purposes. Basically, in the whole “backup operation”, the data is getting copied and transferred to remote storage. The simulated or backup data can be accessed when faced with any disasters.
Organizations go for this backup strategy as it offers flexibility and much more like:
- The backup can be scheduled.
- The backup changes can be appended incrementally or differentially.
- You can keep several versions of the backup data. You can also restore to one of the previous versions.
- Backup can be searched and mounted.
- You can backup and transfer your whole operating system to a new disk.
For Acronis Cyber backup cloud process:
- First, purchase the Acronis Cyber backup cloud service.
- After that, install the backup software within your IT system.
- And lastly, choose the data, documents, files, and folders you want to backup.
To know how to backup files on Acronis Cyber backup cloud, read along.
How to Cloud Backup files using Acronis?
- Open the Acronis Backup web console on the system where you have it installed.
- On the console machine, enter “Administrator” and the password if requested.
- Now, add your “System”. Click on All machines and then Add.
- Click on Windows and specify the name/IP address of the machine/network.
- Click on ADD to enter the credentials of an account with administrative privileges.
- Now, schedule your backup. You can modify the backup plan name too.
- Next, select what you want to backup- the disk/volume, files/folders, and system state to backup.
- After that, select a backup destination- a local folder, network folder, or cloud storage.
- Enable Replication if you want to copy your backups to another location.
- Enable Encryption for additional security—also, setup other backup options.
- Lastly, click on Apply.
The Backup Methods available in Acronis
In Acronis Cyber backup cloud, full and incremental backup methods are available through several backup schemes.
Check below the backup schemes available:
- Manual Start – You can run or postponed the backup task manually.
- Simple Start – You can set up retention rules to automatically delete old backups.
- GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son) – You can specify whether to daily backup, weekly backup, and monthly backups. Also, you can set up separate retention rules for daily, weekly, and monthly backups.
- Tower of Hanoi – You can set up the number of backups stored at a time. Any excessive backups will be deleted; it will leave recovery points for recent backup than older ones. You can set up the number of levels too.
- Initial Seeding (only for cloud backups)- With initial Seeding, you can start backups immediately to a local destination using a full backup method. However, to use Initial Seeding, you need a license for it.
Acronis provides excellent Cloud Backup Service.
Acronis Cyber backup cloud is an award-winning and leading cloud backup solution. It not only provides the best cloud backup also protection on the backup data.
Cloud backup ensures that your copy of files, applications are safely stored on a remote network of computing resources that you access via the internet.
It comes with disaster recovery plan services, physical as well as virtual cloud server backup, good storage management, ensures secure file sharing and system deployment.
Using a three-component- Any Data Engine, Active Protection, and Notary, Acronis ensures the safety of your backup data from any loss.
- Acronis Any Data Engine – It ensures complete business protection for system on-premises, at a remote location, in public and private cloud, and on mobile devices.
- Acronis Active Protection- It protects your data and system from ransomware attacks.
- Acronis Notary – It improves compliance and validity of recovery, ensuring your backup’s authenticity and integrity with blockchain technology.
With the Acronis Cyber backup cloud, you get unique integration of backup with full-stack, next-generation anti-malware protection, and comprehensive endpoint management tools. Service providers can better protect their customers, eliminate complexities while keeping the cost down.