QuickBooks error mainly shows when you try to open a company file, backup or restore any company file. These probably occur due to insufficient permission to access the file. QuickBooks error 6000 series might cause damage to your company file as well as to your system also. This error might obstruct the company’s file. There are many causes, some are pointed below:
Reasons for QuickBooks error 6000
This occurs when QuickBooks tries to access the company file but could not some point are given below which may be the reason for such type of error
- Insufficient access to the network server.
- Damaged company file.
- When QuickBooks data service permissions are insufficient.
- Multiple systems try to host the same QuickBooks file.
- When you try to update the company file of the earlier version to the latest over the network.
- QuickBooks files are blocked by the security application like a firewall or other.
- Missing QuickBooks file
- When the File extension is incorrect.
- The regional language is set to other than the English language.
- Your system may hang or freeze continuously.
- The system may not respond correctly.
- You will see an error message “QuickBooks error code 6000” on your system
- QuickBooks may stop working
Ways to fix such error
1: Check your Backup file name
A point to remember is that you should not use any symbol, special character or spaces in your file name or the folder which contains these files
- Open your Start menu.
- Then find the file explorer menu and go to file explorer.
- Now find the folder which contains the company file.
- In this check.qbb extension at the end of the file name.
- Now click on rename option and rename the file by deleting spaces, symbol and special character from the file name.
- Now do the same for the Folder name.
- In the end, restore your company file.
2: Turn off the hosting mode from all the user computers
- Open QuickBooks on one of the systems you want.
- After that select the file menu and run over the utilities option.
- Now avoid select host multi-user access option, if there is any. And move to another system as this system is not creating any issue.
- If you see any option like stop hosting multi-user access as the option, click on it and end the process.
- Now you need to do the same for all the systems.
- Now check whether the error id fixed or not.
3: Use QuickBooks file doctor to fix the error
- Download QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Install it on your system
- Run this file doctor tool on your system
- This tool will automatically scan the server errors and resolve them automatically.
- In the end, just restart your system and check the file.
4: Scan QuickBooks company file
- Click on Start menu on your system
- Choose “Program’ icon and select QuickBooks and go to the QuickBooks database Server Manager. In short QBDSM
- Go to QBDSM and select ‘Add folder” icon, find the folder that contains QuickBooks company file.
- Once all the QuickBooks file folders are added go to scan.
- Under the QuickBooks Company file, you will see the data files, Browse to each folder that contains the QuickBooks file.
- Ensure .qbw, .nd file was created for each QuickBooks data file.
5: Copy of QuickBooks file
- open the QuickBooks file folder.
- You must know that file where you see QuickBooks file extension in the form of .qbw.
- Right-click on this file and choose the copy option.
- Now, paste this file on your system anywhere.
- With pressing the control key, open the QuickBooks file to reach on direct on NO company file option.
- After that, you must click on the restore of the existing file for getting the result.
After following these steps if you are still facing some issue then you need to find a QuickBooks proadvisor who will provide you with the best solution for your error without wasting any time.
You Must Also Read