When you buy a property, what matters most is its security. Burglars can break in from the front door, so you need door locks that are quite robust. The door frames too should be made of metal or high-quality wood. Glass panels are easy to break, so it would be a good idea to avoid using them altogether. Door hinges must be positioned inside so that no one can open them from outside, as the buglers use hinge pins to open the doors. There must be no gap between the frame and door. Make sure to inspect the doors and other exits after a lock installation so that there are no easy access points for burglars.
Securing the windows
As a homeowner, taking care of home security is your utmost priority. Taking care of the windows is equally important because they are often the least protected and most vulnerable points of entry. It’s possible to use break-resistant glass panes and soldered screw heads so that the lock cannot be unscrewed easily.
Tips to keep your home secure
You do not have to spend a lot of money securing your home, buying advanced locking systems, or hiring a group of guards. You can use some simple measures to keep your home safe from unwanted entrants.
- Make sure to change the locks if you have bought a ready to move into residence. Check each opening and all exits.
- Make sure to keep the keys in a safe place, beyond the reach of children or anyone other than your family members.
- If you are going out for a short walk or to your neighborhood store, make sure to lock your home up. Burglars and thieves wait for such opportunities when they can enter your residence without much fuss.
- A burglar can make your security system and alarm inoperable, so make sure the alarm and security system’s wiring is concealed and managed by an external security company.
- Inform your neighbours and local police station if you notice any malicious or strange activity.
- Trim off tree branches or shrubs near the doors and windows of your house, as these are the best places for thieves and burglars to hide.
- If a stranger wishes to visit you, check his/her ID card before letting him/her in.
- Ensure that there’s enough light around your residence so that you can see who’s coming in or going out.
- Install the best door knobs, deadbolts, and locks available from a reputable lock installer.
- You can invest in high-end security cameras and an intercom system so that you are well informed of who’s coming in.
The past few years, conventional locks have been replaced with digital door locks and this is quite a revolution in the world of security systems. The best thing about this advancement is that it has various features to suit many security requirements. You can use these locks for commercial as well as residential purposes.
You might have noticed digital locks in hotel rooms, but many modern houses are using them as well. Many places install keyless locks where cards are used as keys. These cards are programmed using software and can be reprogrammed in case of card loss.
Another variety uses passcodes to access the residence, and is accessible by the owners or authorized entrants only. Set the code to what you want, and reset it as often as you want. The biometric-enabled lock is designed in such a way that it can identify certain fingerprints for limited or restricted entry.
The above-mentioned digital locks are designed to control the number of people in your commercial or residential area. With this wonderful tech, you can feel secure knowing that only authorized entrants can gain access to your home or office. Lock installation is a vital part of the construction of a building, so make sure to get the best locksmiths to install the highest quality locks.
You Must Also Read