It’s true that real beauty lies beyond skin but it is important to maintain physical hygiene and health. Since skin is the largest organ of the human body, it needs special care and attention. You don’t need to look beautiful or pretty to have good skin. Healthy skin is not just a sign of health but also signifies your inner health. Psoriasis is not an uncommon problem and it can make one suffer to quite an extent. It is a chronic skin infection that forms shallow papules and flaky patches over the skin. Best way to get rid of them is to get psoriasis treatment in ayurveda by ayurvedic treatment. The problem results in constant inflammation and itching all over the skin.
The lesions mostly appear on knees, lower limbs, and elbows and then slowly spread to other parts of the body. Psoriasis is more like a faulty reaction of our own defence cells that start attacking our own healthy skin cells. When that happens, the skin starts losing its moisture which results in constant itching, inflammation, and formation of flaky scars over the skin’s surface. As the disease progresses, as the patient scratches over the surface it either oozes blood or pus.
Modern medicine treats the condition with topical treatment, immunity-suppressing drugs, and steroids injections. However, long term use of such medicines leads to several complications. So the perfect and healthy way to get rid is to get handle by psoriasis treatment in ayurveda by ayurvedic treatment. But the biggest challenge lies with the correct diagnosis of the disease. Often, Psoriasis is misunderstand as Seborrheic Dermatitis or Allergic Dermatitis. Late diagnosis of the problem further complicates the situation and deteriorates skin health.
Causes Of Psoriasis
Ayurveda determines Psoriasis as a vitiation of Rakta, Pitta, Vata, and Kapha. It states various reasons for the development of this kind of serious infection:
- Regular intake of incompatible food.
- High accumulation of toxins.
- Poor dietary habits.
- Consumption of food items that have opposite nature like milk and lemon, curd and milk, etc.
- Overconsumption of certain food items like over-salty things, dark gram, fish, etc.
- Overconsumption of tobacco and liquor.
- High level of stress and anxiety.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Psoriasis
Psoriasis results from an excess vitiation of pitta in the body. Since the liver is the centre of Pitta in Ayurveda, detoxification begins from the cleansing of the liver. Further cleansing of toxins is execute by Panchakarma therapies and Ayurvedic medicines. Ayurvedic doctors divide the complete treatment into the following steps:
- Step 1: The treatment begins with the administration of blood purifiers to the patient. It uses herbal powders, Rishthas, and neem capsules for this purpose.
- Step 2: Then the focus shifts to liver care. Liver detoxification is execute through Panchakarma therapies like Virechana and Vamana. The process also helps to improve the overall immunity of the human body.
- Step 3: Ayurveda prohibits the use of any kind of antihistamines or antibiotics as they are based on strong chemicals and have strong side effects. The branch has its own herbal decoctions that do the same job without any side effects.
- Step 4: Different herbal formulations & medicated oils are prepared to carry out traditional ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis.
- Step 5: Once the detoxification process is complete, the rejuvenation phase begins. The focus now shifts from rectification to recovery. Several modulator herbs and immune boosters are use to rejuvenate the damaged cells and tissues.
Panchakarma Treatment For Psoriasis
Panchakarma therapies form a major part of psoriasis treatment. Ayurveda states a very specific schedule of Panchakarma therapies that include herbal external and internal medications. Here are a few highlights of how the treatment goes:
- The patient needs to eat medicated ghee for 7-10 days depending on the kind of Psoriasis he or she is infected with.
- Virechan and Vaman are done to detoxify the body.
- To deepen the detoxification process, these two therapies are followed by Shirodhara which is the dripping of medicated buttermilk or oil overhead. During this process the entire body of the patient is recover with a paste of mud and medicines.
- Medicated enemas are also administered for 8-10 days along with internal medicines that need to be consumed for 120-180 days.
All these processes are accompanied by a strict diet regime and lifestyle changes. The person undergoing treatment needs to be on a strict vegetarian diet that is devoid of any extra spices, oily, fried and junk food. Psoriasis patients are also require to maintain mental stability for which they must practice pranayama and other yoga asanas for as long as possible. For the long tasting results you should have psoriasis treatment in ayurveda by ayurvedic treatment. The total duration of this treatment varies from person to person, age, body disposition, and other diseases the person might be suffering from.
You Must Know About