To understand what SEO is, it is worth contextualizing it within the jargon of digital marketing, this vast conglomerate of terms, SEO Steps, strategies, tools, and concepts that for many companies seem more like a litany of letters that makes no sense, for example, ROI, RTB, API, ATL, B2B, CPC, CPL, CRM. Far from fulfilling the number 1 function of communication:
communicating, it seems that it has become a language of elites who live locked up with valuable information about what SEO is, what CRM means, what CPC is, or how to measure ROI. I want to dedicate myself to explaining what SEO is, showing you what SEO Steps is for, and proposing some SEO strategies that you can implement from now on so that your company or entrepreneurship can reach its commercial goals. and brand
What is SEO?
SEO is the acronym in English for Search Engine Optimization, or in Spanish: search engine optimization. Now you will understand why to use SEO. The SEO Steps itself is made up of SEO strategies that will help you climb positions in search engines in such a way that it will make your company’s website appear among the first organic results when someone searches for specific terms.
To explain with a concept of traditional marketing what SEO is, it is the “top of mind” of artificial intelligence. In just one word, SEO is positioning.
What is SEO for?
Indeed up to this point, you came with a question that we have already answered, but that we have not answered the true benefit. You may be wondering, “what is SEO for?”. And since there is no better answer than experience, we will give a hypothetical. Imagine that you are about to start a company from scratch and want to market plants. Since no one tells you how to undertake, you did not consider that you would need to quote prepaid guides to ship the plants. In this case, two scenarios open:
- A friend or associate may recommend a certain service to you, and voila! one less worry.
- You go on the internet, type in a search engine “buy prepaid parcel guides,” and discover some options.
The first scenario is not the most common, but it is one of the most effective since word of mouth is very powerful. The second scenario is typical, and now it is worth asking yourself: do you get to page 12 of the search engine to purchase your preloaded guides?
You could bet the answer is NO.
Users often stay in the first results right after the ads. And that is where SEO Steps plays an important role. The rules of the relationship between companies and customers have changed, and it is necessary to understand how to generate more conversions.
So, let’s say you use SEO strategies so that the same artificial intelligence of the search engine recommends you to Internet users.
How to start with SEO?
Let’s go step by step, my little grasshopper, to understand what SEO marketing is as a whole that can be divided into two main parts:
- On-page SEO techniques (SEO on your website)
- Off-Page SEO Strategies (SEO outside your website)
Each one comes with its peculiarities and subtleties, but it is important to know that these SEO steps do not work separately. Although, you as an implementer must go step by step. They are the ingredients of a cake: if one is not there, the implementation of SEO on your website will not have the results you expect.
SEO On-Page, To Optimize The Site From The Inside
Also known as technical SEO Expert, it is about everything you can do to your site to make it as perfect as possible. Like when you clean your house before receiving a visit from your in-laws. Only in the case of SEO on-page do you want your site to be fast, indexable, crawlable, and very safe for your Internet users.
Now that we have understood what SEO on-page is, let’s see some techniques that you can implement within your site to improve it:
- Invest in hosting and a domain: Free tools work to a point, but if an entrepreneur can invest in a physical branch, why leave the virtual out of sight?
- Sitemap: it is a document that numbers the pages of your site so that search engines index it much more easily.
- UX or user experience: These are all the interactions the user has with your site that are also “experienced” by search engines. Every time you see your site and the pages that will be indexed, ask yourself if what you present is: reliable? Accessible? Findable? Easy to use? Useful? Valuable? By meeting these requirements, you will offer a user experience that is SEO but already in real life.
- Robot.txt: this is another text file that tells the search engine which pages to index and which not, thus preventing users from accessing confidential information.
- Develop content with your SEO strategy in mind: think about your keywords and long-tail keywords when developing the texts within your site. A good example would be “SEO strategies,” a good term but difficult to position because of its generic nature. Still, if you use “successful SEO strategies of Latin American companies,” you could get better results.
SEO Off-Page, Become A Reference
While in on-page SEO, you had control over how you related to the search engine, where it’s up to other people. So get ready because this part is delicate, but it can be very fruitful on a professional level now that we already understand SEO.
Off-page SEO is based on creating a link-building strategy, that is, creating links from third-party sites that lead to certain points of interest within your site (also known as backlinks).
Speaking at the level of search engine positioning: search engines travel the network through the links. You create links to your page from other sites by doing link building. The algorithm interprets that as your site being an authority over others that don’t have the same number of links (or backlinks) as you.
Some SEO link building strategies are:
- Mentions: when someone mentions your page or your brand even without a link, Google takes it as an indication of some authority under that name. When the author of a book mentions another: he recognizes his authority and knowledge on a certain subject.
- Linkbait: when defining what SEO steps is, the phrase “content is king” is always used, and Linkbait is proof of this. Quality content immediately attracts the user’s attention (ebooks, infographics, free tools, reports, etc.). Their great advantage is that they generate backlinks and mentions organically.
- Guest post: this is about partnering with another blog and posting content for their audience, and including one or more backlinks in your post. They are usually done by exchange and are a good tool to gain authority.
Conclusion: What is SEO? It is (almost) Everything
SEO is essential for companies that want to increase quality visits and thus conversions and, therefore, their sales. However, remember that it is vitally important to have a functional structure within the company and offer good customer service.
In the end, if you have a robust and successful SEO, but you cannot manage, classify, and serve each of the clients or prospects, it is the same as having an incredible store with cutting-edge design and the best merchandise, but that is never open.
You Must Know About