We start our days by washing our faces, seeing as an ideal start for the day. And then it is followed by a hot/cold soothing shower and everyday skin care. Nowadays everyone uses a face wash regardless of gender yet only few know its importance and benefits. Apparently, very few people understand and know which and what kind of face wash suits their skin the best. You need to follow a proper face washing routine to have clear, healthy and shiny skin.
Today, let me educate you on the importance of face wash, what kind and which type of face wash is good for which type of skin, side effects of choosing a wrong face wash etc.
It often comes to our mind that why is using a face wash important, when we can wash our face with water. Isn’t washing our face with water the same as face wash? Apparently no! Washing our face with water gives us a relaxed feeling but doesn’t remove dirt and pollutants from it. Therefore it is necessary to use a proper face wash everyday.
Take a look on these points for a better understanding on the importance of face wash:
- Removes dirt, pollutants and other contaminated substances from your face.
- Provides hydration to your skin
- Pull out the dry and dead skin cells of your face, giving you an instant glow
- Makes your skin look younger, healthier and pure.
- Increase blood circulation, boosting blood flow to your face for glowing skin.
- Helps in penetrating other skin care products smoothly.
What is the best time to use a face wash?
Few dermatologists say it is adequate to wash your face once a day while few believe in washing your face twice a day. It majorly depends on your skin type. Faces washes or face cleansers are made of dulcet chemicals which don’t harm the skin but using excess product can result in dryness. It is preferred to use the product based on your skin type. It is recommended to know your skin type before buying any face wash.
Know your skin type!!
Here is a list of basic types. You can identify yours by reading these.
Oily skin: Oily skin is when oil glands produce a large amount of oil. Your skin lies in this type when you can feel oil on your face after a few hours of face wash. Large amount of oil is accumulated on your nose T-zone when you wake up in the morning. People with oily skin are more prone to acne related problems.
Dry skin: It is when your skin feels itchy, flaky and rough. Moisturizer is completely absorbed within a few hours and you again feel the need for it. Dry skin causes whiteness and a dull looking face.
Normal skin: It is when you neither feel the need of face wash twice a day nor the need for moisturization within every few hours.
Which face wash to use?
- Foam face washes : These are those which lather up into a foamy consistency when mixed with water. They lightweight cleanser which removes all the grease, pollutants and other impurities from the face. They provide deep cleanse to the pores. Nevertheless they tend to dry out skin more than a normal face wash, but it is most appropriate for oily skin as it keeps them oil free for a long period.
- Gel cleaners: These are ideal for all skin types whether oily, acne prone, dry or with dark spots. They have a bouncy texture similar to a jelly. They leave the skin feeling moist and fresh due to their intensely moisturising ingredients. They give intense hydration to the skin as well.
- Cream cleanser: They slender, richer in texture with deeply moisturising properties. They are ideal for dry and patchy skin. They provide deep hydration and moisturization to the skin. Cleansing is the first step, people with dry skin should always opt for this, however if there skin will not be smooth and hydrated than other skin care products will not penetrate well.
- Micellar water: It is a non popular face cleanser. It is ideal for every skin type. It is the most lightweight cleanser amongst all. It has tiny molecules of oil called micelles, which help remove dirt, grime and makeup. Unlike other cleansers they are not used directly to be rinsed.
These are some regular kinds of cleansers/ face washes a person can go for according to their skin type.
People should always opt for an ideal face wash because choosing the wrong face wash can harm their skin in many ways.
Some don’ts you should keep in mind after using a face wash
- Don’t go for hard face washes giving more lather. It is a myth that better larger means better cleaning. Always go for a mild face wash.
- Don’t fluctuate the water’s temperature. It will dry out your skin.
- Never rub your face vigorously with a towel rather pat dry it softly.
Your face is the mirror of your body. It is the first thing others notice about you. Your face shouldn’t look creasy, dry or dehydrated. It should look healthy, soft and clean. Therefore facing your face is the most essential thing.
You Must Know About