Have you struggled to overcome acne throughout your lifetime? Do you remember a time when your skin was translucent and clear?
Your wish to wake up one fine day with a pimple-free face is not irrational. It can be achieved. When we talk about common types of acne, we are often reminded of blackheads and whiteheads. It has been stated that pimples slowly and gradually grow into blackheads or whiteheads.
The ways to get rid of blackheads range from facial treatment to laser treatment. Many people have tried out homemade face mud masks.
What are blackheads and how do they develop?
Blackheads are nothing but black dots on the map of your skin. Unlike dots on the globe, these are visible and are often subjected to public ridicule.
When comedones or the bumps that are of your skin color are clogged with sebum, a chain of chemical reactions occur. At first, the melanin pigment in your skin becomes oxidized. It leads to blackening of the opening like pores.
Where are these types of acne found on bodies?
- Your shoulders
- On your face
- Your back
A few myths about treatment to get rid of blackheads
1. Dairy products should be avoided
The amount of evidence needed to support this statement isn’t enough. All you can do is maintain a meal planner to track which food items when consumed, lead to skin break out.
2. Frequent face washing leads to zero pimples
This is one of the failed tips to get rid of blackheads on the face. Many people prone to acne aren’t aware that too much scrubbing can cause skin irritation.
3. One of the effective ways to get rid of pimples is by squeezing them
Picking pimples is not the best treatment to get rid of acne. If you do it, then you will be voluntarily yet unwillingly inviting bacteria to reside in your skin and make it a life-long scar.
Is wearing a face mask causing more and more skin breakout?
The repercussions of this pandemic are countless. Even human skin hasn’t been spared. The scientific term for this skin distress is called – mask acne. The entrapment of sebum leads the existing acne to aggravate. Also, there is a growth of new acne spots because of disposable face masks as well as non-disposable ones. These mask acne settle into the nose and jawline just like blackheads.
Quick tips for removing blackheads
When acne is in its mild form, then we call it either blackhead or whitehead. Now, we will give you some pointers on how to get rid of blackheads at home.
- The maximum number of times that you can wash your face is thrice a day. When do these three times must occur?
- After you wake up.
- Before you go to sleep.
- Right after a workout when your body secreted sweat.
- You need to get rid of the excess oil in your skin. So, use products that contain salicylic acid.
- Never go to bed with your makeup on.
- Try to prevent yourself from picking pimples.
- Unlike the usage of alcohol-based hand sanitizer for your safety during this epidemic, try to use alcohol-free products for treatment to get rid of blackheads.
- Try to minimize the consumption of carbohydrates like chips.
Home remedies for getting rid of blackheads
If you don’t have the means to invest in a laser treatment to get rid of blackheads, then these natural tips are meant for your implementation.
- A paste of water and the natural exfoliator called baking soda.
- Apply a clay mask on your face.
- Try steaming as it helps with the elimination of blackheads.
- Apply a paste of zesty lemon, sweet honey, and a pinch of salt three times every week.
- Blackheads can be very obstinate. So, in order to force them out, you need to apply a mask of egg whites on your face.
- Lastly, cut a tomato into a few pieces and then rub it all over the face.
What kind of skincare products should be used as a treatment to get rid of blackheads?
- You should not use any oil-based or alcohol-based products. Invest in only non-comedogenic products like non-comedogenic moisturizers and makeup cleansers.
- Products that contain retinol cream and salicylic acid should be preferred.
- There are extraction tools that can be used to minimize blackheads. However, we suggest you don’t do it yourself.
Bonus tips from dermatologists on – “how do I get rid of blackheads?”
- Never use your fingernails as an extraction tool.
- Use chemical peels as a part of your exfoliation routine.
- Try to grasp the advantages of antioxidants like Vitamin C in the minimization of blackheads.
- HydraFacial is the new trend. Try it.
All these were effective tips for removing blackheads. Your skincare regime needs to be changed in case you are waging a war with all forms of acne including blackheads. Try to practice these as much as possible for better and faster results.
You Must Also Read