Are you surfing all over the Web to have your hands on the perfect ube cheese Pandesal recipe?
Well, no worries, we got you. Scroll down to get the entire recipe of the mouth-watering cheesy Pandesal roll.
The cheese-loaded purple-yam flavour Pandesal roll is one of the ideal snack options for sweet dish lovers. And if you are also obsessed with Pandesal rolls, you are at the right destination.
As here, on Tasty little dumpling, we serve you with a bucket full of delicious recipes.
What is Ube Cheese Pandesal?
The era of home confinement blessed everyone with new skills and hobbies. Baking has turned out to be one of the superior skills developed by many. Social media is banged with varieties of baked goods. And the rising tide of recognition of the purple-yam or ube has popularized the newly introduced delicious ube cheese Pandesal rolls. The yam-flavor Pandesal roll is a blessing for the taste buds. Every bite of it is loaded with the goodness of melty cheese-filling and honeyed purple-yam or ube.
The fluffiness, soft and smooth texture of the bread bun of ube Pandesal dipped in a cheese filling is not less than the bread of heaven, when served hot and crispy. Yes, the combination of cheese and the sweet ube powder or jam may look uncanny. But, this out of the box sweet and salty creation is not only good looking but also a flavor some feast.
How to make Ube Cheese Pandesal?
If you are a Philippians or love Filipino Cuisine, the Filipino variant of the bread roll loaded with cheese and ube powder is worth a shot.
Ingredients required making the ube Pandesal roll
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 6 tablespoons of white powdered sugar
- 1 packet (approximately 2¼ teaspoons) of active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- ½ cup of mashed cooked ube
- 1 ½ tablespoon of liquid ube flavor
- ¼ cup of warm milk
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- Cheese cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 ½ cups of flour
Ube Cheese Pandesal Recipe
The ube cheese Pandesal recipe is one of the interesting and innovative recipes of current times.
So without wasting any time, let’s dive into the ube cheese Pandesal recipe.
In today’s time, it is quite a challenging job to get your hands on fresh ube. But on the season, I purchase the fresh ube, and then I boil it, hydrate it, and turn it into powder. Quite a long process, right?
No worries! You can purchase the readily made ube powder to make this super tasty dish. Although the ube powder coming from the market is not as healthy as the homemade powder, but it will work.
Step 1 – Make the purple yam
- You can use ube jam to prepare the Ube halaya, or you can mix ¼ of lube powder with ¾ cups of warm water and stir it to give a smooth texture.
Step – Prepare the dough.
- To make the dough, first, add some hot water at about 105 degrees F to a mixing bowl and add some sugar along with the active yeast in it.
- Now stir it and leave it till it appears foamy.
- Now add the eggs, sugar, warm milk, butter, purple yam, and salt to the dough and combine it well.
- Now, add three cups of flour to it. Stir well after adding each cup. Stir well till the dough appears shaggy and slowly amalgamates in the center of the mixing bowl. You can add more flour to adjust the thickness of the batter.
- Now, grease a kneading board and turn the dough on it with soft hands.
Step 3 – Kneading and stuffing
- To handle the sticky dough, use oil and flour accordingly.
- Over time the dough will lose its stickiness on proper kneading. The dough must be kneaded appropriately, and to test that efficient kneading, you can take some of it in your hands and stretch it to make a square. If you find the dough is elastic and smooth enough, it is the right time to end the kneading process.
- To continue, now flatten the dough to cut it into small and even pieces.
- Now, use your hands to make the piece more flatten, and here comes the yummy cheese.
- Now you should place it in the center of the dough.
- Now fold the dough around the cheese to shape it as a smooth ball.
- Now, you are almost done, flip the balls in the bread crumbs, and arrange those on a baking sheet.
- Now, cover these with a kitchen towel for almost an hour, until it takes the perfect shape and turns puffy.
- Here comes the last step baking it in a preheated oven at about 350 degrees F for almost 20minutes.
- Now bring it out of the oven and let it cool down a bit, before you serve it.
So, here is the complete Ube cheese Pandesal recipe. The ube cheese Pandesal is an excellent chance to the bland traditional slices of bread, and the best part is that now you don’t have to hassle around the online or offline markets to get your hands on these delicious rolls, as you can prepare them at home.
You Must Also Read