Google My Business is one of the essential Google services for businesses today, the main goal of which is to enable business owners to make points of sale more visible in search results and share information about the company, reviews, and ratings with users.
Take a closer look at the new service, learn about its functions, and at the same time, go through a quick guide to successfully using Google My Business.
Google My Business – what is it?
It is impossible to say exactly for whom the service was originally developed – for business or consumers. Functions and results of work are suitable for each of the parties.
This free dashboard for business owners helps you manage your network affiliates (points of sale), manage reviews, and strengthen your company’s online presence in the market.
For consumers, this is an opportunity to receive up-to-date and complete data about the required company, use the reviews of local experts to make purchase decisions, search for the nearest point of sale of the required organization and save time on a standard search.
Features of Google My Business
Sign up for this service to get the following:
- Additional place in the search results. If a user enters your company name in Google, the search engine shows the company card in Google My Business.
- Locations on Google Maps. You automatically list your business on the maps of this search network if the business has a physical address.
- A convenient tool for managing company data. Editing and updating will take no more than 5 minutes.
- Additional traffic through publications in Google+.
- Feedback from customers. They can leave feedback on your business account and ask questions.
Advantages of Google My Business for a business
As you have surely already noticed, the advantages that this Google service offers you are many. The first, the one that catches the eye faster, is that it’s free,
The interface for managing your company profile is very simple, so entering an online business is within reach of even the less web-savvy.
Another very interesting advantage is that you can implement the company’s online presence, but that’s not all.
With local SEO, you can be found more easily, and if you want to make the most of the potential of Google My Business, you can also use it to attract clients to your professional studio.
Create and strengthen the company’s online presence (add information about affiliates of the network, correct incorrect data, and fill in missing ones, thereby ensuring the company’s pages have a high degree of ranking in the search engine).
Improve relationships with the target audience and increase the rating of the company by working with the feedback function in a timely manner.
Save on maintaining your own website and advertising.
Today you have to be very competitive, and it is increasingly necessary to resort to a marketing system that allows you to create a process for professionals to acquire new customers.
There are so many opportunities that you cannot miss. Daily searches on Google exceed 3.5 billion; not being there and not using a customer acquisition system means cutting yourself off from a market that is becoming increasingly competitive.
Registering a company in Google My Business
To register a company, just follow a few simple steps:
- Go to Google My Business.
- Press the “Start” button.
- Log in with Gmail.
- Fill in company details.
- Complete registration.
- Enter the personal details of the responsible person.
Next, an email will be sent to the mail with a code that must be entered in a special field. Please note that it may take up to 2 weeks for Google employees to verify the information you provide.
Setting up Google My Business
Registration is only half the battle. After that, you need to optimize your Google My Business account properly so that the search engine shows the card more often in the search results. Consider the following recommendations to optimize your Google My Business account properly:
- Fill in all the fields offered by the GMB service.
- In the name of the company, add the key query by which your site is found.
- Select all relevant activities.
- Add optimized sales text to the description.
- Constantly update images and videos.
- Work with reviews.
Deleting your Google My Business account
If a situation arises when you need to remove a company from the service, then follow the following algorithm of action:
- Log in to the service.
- Go to your company profile.
- Transfer the display of companies to the “List” (if branches are registered).
- Select the company you want to delete and click on the corresponding button.
- To remove a company from Google Maps, contact the technical support of this service.
Guidelines for using Google My Business
Before you become part of Google My Business, ensure that your business meets the following criteria:
- The company has at least one physical address (shop, cafe, bank branch) or delivers.
- The information you enter in GMB is current, accurate, and complete.
Which companies cannot be included in the GMB?
- Unfinished or not yet opened shops and offices;
- Housing intended for rent or sale;
- Organizations that are not the owner or official representative of the institution.
In this article, you must have figured out how to register with the service and how to properly configure it to achieve maximum effect. Google My Business is a free tool from the Google search network aimed at small and medium businesses. It allows you to present your business in detail on the Internet. In the Google My Business account, the site owner places a description of the company’s activities, phone number, physical address, link to the site, work schedule, and other basic information useful to users. If you want to learn Google My Business, you can join Digital Marketing course in Chandigarh.
You Must Know About